From open heart surgery to new "minimally invasive" procedures to reduce your hospital stay and speed your recovery, Baptist Health Paducah provides extensive surgical services.
The completed phase of the $17 million surgical expansion features a hybrid room, two open-heart suites and a room for da Vinci robotics. The 1,333-square-foot hybrid operating suite is the largest in the region. It is used primarily for heart and vascular cases, but it also is available for other surgeries.
Our full range of surgical services includes:
- Open heart
- Ophthalmic (eye)
- Pain management
- Plastic and reconstructive
- Vascular -- Stopping the 'silent killer'
Learn more about robotic surgery at Baptist Health Paducah, using the da Vinci Surgical System, by clicking here.
Baptist Health Paducah has one surgical suite dedicated to open heart surgeries and nine alternate suites capable of handling open heart cases. The hospital also provides a dedicated vascular suite, housed in the Diagnostic Imaging area, where minimally invasive vascular procedures are performed. Other specialized surgical facilities include:
- State-of-the-art brainwave monitoring system in all 11 operating suites to reduce the chance of patients awakening during surgery.
- Four endoscopy labs
- Stereotactic neurosurgery for brain lesions
- Laser lithotripsy for the treatment of kidney stones
- Observation unit for patients who need special care to prepare them for surgery or those who need to stay in the hospital up to 23 hours after an outpatient procedure
- Pediatric holding area where children can remain with their parents and play with toys and games before they are taken to surgery
Registration and Pre-surgical Testing
Baptist Health Paducah's Express Check program makes registering for surgery fast and easy. To take advantage of the program, follow these simple steps:
- As soon as your physician schedules you for surgery, phone pre-registration at (270) 575-2979. Pre-registration clerks are available 24 hours a day seven days a week to take your phone call.
- Be ready to provide the registration clerk with the following information:
- your medical record number, if you are familiar with it and you have registered at Western Baptist before;
- your date of birth;
- your social security number;
- your home address;
- the specific tests and procedures the physician has ordered; and
- your insurance card.
- If the clerk is able to complete your paperwork in this phone call, he or she will tell you that you are eligible for Express Check.
- When you prepare to come to the hospital, make sure you bring your physician orders and your insurance card with you.
- When you arrive at Baptist Health Paducah, proceed directly to the Express Check receptionist, who will copy your insurance card, have you sign a consent form and send you to surgery.
You also may pre-register online by clicking here.
Your surgeon will order a series of routine tests that must be done prior to surgery. To eliminate delays on your day of surgery, we suggest getting the tests done at your convenience a day or so before surgery. The tests might include lab work, chest X-ray, EKG or a urinalysis.
For More Information
To learn more about surgery at Baptist Health Paducah, visit the links below:
- special services and amenities for surgical patients and families
- information about surgical procedures offered at Baptist Health Paducah
- outpatient surgery instructions to prepare you for outpatient surgery
Baptist Health Paducah's Infection Control Department is responsible for preventing and controlling the spread of nosocomial infections in hospitalized patients.