Cancer Care Library
Find out more with our library of information!
Baptist Health Paducah offers aggressive, leading edge cancer treatment. But the healing force doesn't stop there -- we're with you every step of the way. Our cancer care services also include prevention programs and advanced technology for early detection, as well as rehabilitation services:
- Center for Cancer Care
- Breast Diagnostic Center
- Breast Cancer
- Diagnostic Imaging Services
- Endoscopic procedures
- da Vinci Surgical System
- Nurse Navigator
- Your Fight Fund
- Radioactive seed implants
- Baptist Home Health
- Rehabilitation services
- Oncology Registry
- Throat Cancer
- Prostate Cancer -- Murray dentist advocates early detection, da Vinci for prostate cancer
- Skin Cancer
- Lung Cancer -- New lung ultrasound can assess cancer without surgery
- Lung CT Screenings
- Colon Cancer
- Kidney Cancer
- Ovarian Cancer
- Community education and outreach through activities, such as the Purchase Area Prostate Screening Coalition, an annual skin cancer screening, and the Threads of Life breast cancer awareness program.
- Oncology Annual Report
- Cancer Care Library
- Oncology director Mary White receives Spirit of Hope award
- Pink Glove Dance
For more information, phone the Center for Cancer Care at 270.575.2780 or the Oncology Unit at 270.575.2697.
Baptist Health Paducah's diagnostic imaging for inpatient and outpatient services combines the latest technology with the caring hands of our team of health care professionals. Our imaging services are accredited by the American College of Radiology.
Our comprehensive line of high quality services includes direct digital diagnostic radiology, ultrasound, nuclear medicine, vascular studies, PET and CT scans, MRI, a radiation therapy center for the treatment of cancer, bone densitometry and breast diagnostic studies, including mammography, breast ultrasound and stereotactic biopsy.
These services are available inside the hospital for patients, and many services are available for outpatient appointments at the convenient Baptist Imaging Center.
For more information on Baptist Health Paducah's diagnostic imaging services, phone (270) 575-2600.
For information on how to prepare for a specific exam, click on the appropriate link below:
Heart care at Baptist also was recognized among the nation's best by the American College of Cardiology for implementing a higher standard of care for heart attack patients and for ensuring cardiac arrest patients receive timely CPR, defibrillation or other appropriate treatment within minutes. In addition, Baptist Health Paducah was recognized in the top third of all Joint Commission-accredited hospitals as a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures® for heart attack and heart failure.
The hospital built the area’s largest and most advanced hybrid operating rooms – so the region’s finest heart specialists can work together on two or more complex heart procedures at one time.
And from open heart surgery to angioplasty, and general cardiology to emergency cardiac care, Baptist Health Paducah now treats hundreds more heart cases each year than anyone else.
No wonder more western Kentuckians say their hearts belong to Baptist. The heart hospital preferred 3 to 1 over any other hospital in our region.
HEART HEALTH INFORMATION
- Early Heart Attack Care brochure
- Symptoms of a Heart Attack
- Why Choose Baptist Health Paducah?
- Family History
- Chest Pain and Stroke brochure for help identifying signs and symptoms of heart attack and stroke.
- Baptist Health Paducah earns highest chest pain accreditation
- Women and Chest Pain
- Patient Testimonials
- Find a Physician
Chest Pain & Stroke Hotline
For help identifying signs and symptoms of stroke, phone our award-winning Chest Pain & Stroke Hotline at 1.800.575.1911 to speak with a Baptist Health Paducah registered nurse any time, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Women & Children
Baptist Health Paducah offers healthcare for the life of a woman from early adolescence through childbearing and beyond. Delivering more babies than any other hospital in the region, we offer StorkCentral programs -- from classes to 24-hour hotline assistance -- for new and expectant parents, as well as western Kentucky’s first NICU and maternal fetal medicine specialists. State-of-the-art diagnostics, including our Breast Imaging Center of Excellence, and the latest surgical procedures, such as the da Vinci Surgical System, make Baptist Health Paducah the hospital of choice for women throughout the region.
For expectant and new moms:
- The StorkLine, 24-hour hotline
- StorkCentral classes
- StorkSmart tours
- Stork's Nest photo center for new babies
- The Birthing Center
- Customize your birthing experience
- Lactation consultant
- KangarooCare -- New mothers, babies like KangarooCare contact after delivery
For all women:
- Baptist Health Line, RNs to answer all healthcare questions, 24 hours a day
- Diagnostic tests (mammography, bone densitometry, ultrasound, breast biopsy)
- Medical Library and Health Reference Center
- Support groups
- Surgical options
- Chaplain services
Phone: (270) 575-BABY (2229)