Baptist Health Paducah operates a full-service laboratory, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Our on-campus, outpatient site provides convenient access for patients who require routine follow-up or diagnostic lab services. Outreach and industrial services are also available.
Outpatient laboratory site location:
- Women's Center, Doctors Office Building 2. This lab provides all diagnostic lab testing and routine drug screening collections. It is open from 6 a.m. until 5 p.m., Monday-Friday.
- Lab services available at local clinics
The outpatient lab offers convenient on-site registration. During times when the outpatient lab is closed, patients can use the hospital's main laboratory located in the basement.
Our full service laboratory offers both clinical and anatomic pathology services as follows:
- Blood Bank
- Special Chemistry
- Certified Breath Alcohol Testing Site
- DOT and non-DOT Drug Screen Collection Site
- Pap Smear
- Body Fluid Testing
- Complete Tissue Evaluation
- Special Stains
Baptist Health Paducah's Infection Control Department is responsible for preventing and controlling the spread of nosocomial infections in patients who receive laboratory services.
Baptist Health Paducah's laboratory is fully accredited and certified by the College of American Pathologists and the American Association of Blood Banks. It is also CLIA certified.
Outreach Services for Physician Offices
Baptist Health Paducah's laboratory can provide outreach services to physician offices with 24-hour turnaround and the capability of same day turnaround on request. Our comprehensive outreach services include courier pick-up and physician access &on line& to lab results. Call (270) 575-2706 to find out how our lab services can support your practice.
Baptist Health Paducah's laboratory also offers services of interest to area businesses and industry, including:
- DOT and non-DOT lab services
- Drug screen collections
- Breath alcohol testing, with a certified technician available 24 hours a day
- Annual lab testing for employees through BAPTISTWORX™, the hospital's occupational health program. For more information or to schedule screenings and employee physicals, call our BAPTISTWORX™ coordinator at (270) 442-1818.
Registering for Laboratory Services
Baptist Health Paducah's Express Check program makes registering for outpatient laboratory tests fast and easy. To take advantage of the program, follow these simple steps:
- As soon as your physician schedules you for your test(s), call our pre-registration area at (270) 575-2979. Pre-registration clerks are available 24 hours a day seven days a week to take your phone call. Even if you are scheduled for a test or procedure the same day, it is still to your advantage to call ahead to begin the registration process.
- Be ready to provide the registration clerk with the following information:
- your medical record number, if you are familiar with it and you have registered at Baptist Health Paducah before;
- your date of birth;
- your social security number;
- your home address;
- the specific tests or procedures the physician has ordered; and
- your insurance card.
- If the clerk is able to complete your paperwork in this phone call, he or she will tell you that you are eligible for Express Check.
- When you prepare to come to the hospital, make sure you bring your physician orders and your insurance card with you.
- When you arrive at Baptist Health Paducah, proceed directly to the Express Check receptionist, who will copy your insurance card, have you sign a consent form and send you to the appropriate area.
You may also pre-register online by clicking here.
If you do not take advantage of the Express Check program, plan to arrive at the hospital 30 minutes before your scheduled exam time to complete the registration process.
For More Information
Baptist Health Paducah's Infection Control Department is responsible for preventing and controlling the spread of nosocomial infections in hospitalized patients.
For more information about Baptist Health Paducah's Laboratory Services, phone (270) 575-2700.