Symptoms of a Heart Attack
Some heart attacks start slowly with mild pain or discomfort. Others are sudden or intense. Any chest pain lasting 10 minutes or more could signal a heart attack and should be treated immediately.
Call 9-1-1 for an ambulance if you experience any of the following symptoms:
- Pressure or crushing pain in chest, which may radiate into left arm or jaw
- Shortness of breath
SYMPTOMS MAY BE DIFFERENT FOR WOMEN:
- Nausea or vomiting accompanied by a cold sweat or clamminess
- Pain or discomfort in other areas of the body, including arms, back, neck, jaw, or stomach
- Pressure in the chest more common than sharp pains.
- Shortness of breath, fatigue, and indigestion